Whole Dressed Pheasant
Dec 18, 2020
1 minute read
Using seasonal produce and substituting ingredients from your fridge and store cupboard
- Preheat your over to 150 degrees C or you can use a slow cooker if preferred
- Cover the pheasant with butter and salt & pepper and lay bacon rashers over the breasts
- Chop 1 onion, celery and carrot and place in casserole (with lid). Add something sweet – a tablespoon of leftover cranberry or apple sauce perhaps
- Add a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- Mix a chicken stock cube with 125ml of water and/or wine and add to the casserole dish
- Place the pheasant on top and place lid onto casserole.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours, until the leg bone is falling away from the breast.