Slowly braised Tarrant Valley Brisket
Jan 24, 2021
3 minute read
- 1kg 28 day matured Tarrant Valley rolled brisket
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 large glass red wine
- 1 pint beef stock
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Roughly chop up all vegetables, mix with herbs and a little salt and pepper and place in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper and place onto the bed of vegetables put the uncovered meat into the oven at 220° C for 15 to 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and add a large glass of red wine and 1 pint of beef stock. Turn the oven down to 150°C then cover the whole dish with a good layer of tin foil and return to the oven to pot roast for 5 hours until tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, your choice of vegetables and the juices from the pan.
* Chefs tip ~ if you a fan of horseradish add a teaspoon full to your mashed potatoes
Serves 3 – 4 people